Freelance Jobs

Friday, October 1, 2010

Musical Moments

It was a chill cold winter night , and I do remember the day, 22nd of December1999. The night was seductively beautiful with stars glittering in all possible permutations and combinations of colours . It’s a fact that the sky and stars in December nights are so alluring, and the icy rays of stars were darted like quill into my heart, which never hurt, but made rapture. The shadows of trees were etched out against the dark blue night like scribbled graphics. I remembered Vincent Vangogue, and even without any reason I just wanted to sob.(I always felt so when ever I used to watch night sky )

Lying down on the terrace of my house, I started playing the Music CD gifted by my friend for that Christmas. The colour wrappers and ribbons moved around while a breeze crossed over. For the first time in my life, I started listening to the mellow, soft, song of saxophone played by Kenny G, accompanied by acoustic piano and soft drums. Note by note it intoxicated me, and I couldn’t believe my ears, that I never took pain to buy one , even though I have heard a lot about Kenny G. I was deep into the sinuosity, like someone fell into a shallow river, moving along with the water enjoying the flow. It was absolutely magical, and it turned out to be the most elegant night I have ever experienced in my life. I was lost completely and could feel the chilliness that sweet melody of Saxophone carried along with it. The song was “let it snow… let it snow...” And figuratively I was in snow. Goosebumps filled my whole body…

My summer nights were cooled by his saxophone streams. That songs could fetch the same chilliness I felt, when I listened to him for the first time. Goosebumps covered me always, and myriad feelings passed , and even the climate of my heart was changed during those hours. I repented for the sins I committed, I talked to god, and wanted to love, kiss, hug, live and enjoy in those moments.

And I wish -knowing that it is not possible in my life- to spend an evening along with him. No words, no autographs, no food, just want to listen him playing “let it snow…” Watching the way his blessed fingers move through the keys, the lip movements, the facial expressions, while giving birth to the enchanting notations. A night totally out from all kinds of disturbances, back to the December nights, and the innumerable feelings those moments had given me. Sinking more deeper, I want to explore the deepest parts of this galaxy listening to him. Before leaving I want to kiss those beautiful fingers, which transform godly grace into music, so that the mortal human beings can think about the wonders of creation and genius. A great favour I could ever receive from a great artist.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

It touches man...Not Kenny G to whom I havent lent my ears till the very moment but your language... It touches

Binoy Mathew said...

thank you..

Clytie said...

I missed this post originally ... I've been out with the flu for a while. As I read your words, I heard Kenny G in my head ... I've always loved his music ... and felt peace in my heart.